Wednesday, August 22, 2012

2012 London Olympics













As everyone in the entire world knows, the 2012 olympics just so happen to take place in London. Besides the massive amounts of people everywhere causing me major anxiety, it was a once in a lifetime experience nonetheless. You couldn't go anywhere without seeing something Olympics related which I loved. All the hype and commotion and about team GB was hilarious to hear about because I knew they didn't stand a chance in the medal race against team USA. So me being an athlete, I took a day to travel to Olympic Park. I was so excited! The sun was shinning, I got to wear some shorts finally and I was in a patriotic mood thinking about all the athletes coming over for the events. However I was shot down when I got there. I was wanting to get as close as possible to some of the venues, but that wasn't very close because everything was gated off unless you had a pass. All that traveling in the hot and smelly tube only to leave me disappointed. I didn't let it get to me too much thought because I knew I was fortunate to even be there in the first place. I had heard on a tour that the the London Olympics cost the country 9.4 billion dollar. I knew that London was filthy rich and that it would cost a lot to host such an event but I wasn't expecting that figure. I started to wonder how that effected the people living in the country. I know most of the workers were volunteers so they must of relied heavily on tourist giving some of the money back. I know I did at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment