Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Only In the U.K.










These are just awesome and random photos I took in London that I really didn't think I would see anywhere else. Only In the U.K.: would you order tea in Pizza Hut and get a hot pot of tea; call a stroller a buggy; have open view porta potties and have to pay to use other restrooms; see a man playing the bag pipes in a kilt; see a giraffe in a traditional UK phone booth, and see the queen with sideburns in a rock pub. I found all these things very unique and had to take a photo of them. Some things just amaze you at how different they are from the U.S. and remind you that I'm thousands of miles away in the U.K. I mean I don't see how the city could be so rich to have a random art display of a giraffe in a phone booth and then also have to charge you to use the restroom in a train station. I'm also not a fan of their idea of tea. Hot tea really was not for me and had one sip, gagged, and picked up my water. However, I did enjoy the bag pipes. I saw them in a few different locations and the sound of them in the distance really caught you off guard when you're probably used to hearing a guitar or saxophone on the streets of St. Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment