Friday, August 17, 2012

Popular Sight Seeing









The first day I was in London I saw a lot of the popular sights London had to offer. These are some of the places you hear about all over the world and would be a mistake not to see if you were to ever come to London. Sights included Tower Bridge, Westminster and Big Ben, the Thames River, the London Eye, and The Shard. It was overwhelming seeing most of these places in such a jam packed area but it was finally conclusive that we were indeed in London, one of the greatest and culturally rich cities in the world. Truthfully, I was surprised when I saw Big Ben and for some reason had thought that it would be a lot bigger. Also, come to find out Big Ben is actually the great bell inside the tower not actually the tower and clock itself. Also it was funny to find out that London Bridge is nothing special really and that most people mistake it as Tower Bridge which is fascinating. Being an athlete, seeing the olympic rings on the bridge gave me the chills and I felt like I was in heaven. It was cold and rainy on just about everyday I went sightseeing but nonetheless It was remarkable to experience how rich this city truly was. I couldn't imagine being able to afford to live there, but unfortunately I guess thats why there was so many homeless people and street performers.

No comments:

Post a Comment