Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Protect and Serve U.K. style








Yes the U.K. does have a police. However, I hardly saw them do much of anything over there especially traffic wise. I literally seen two guys fighting in the street and a police officer came up said "knock it off" and continued his walk. So needless to say it isn't exactly the same as the U.S. It was still interesting to see the different branches of military like service while I was over there. I saw every thing such as: London bobbies outside of Westminster; foot guards and horseman with swords outside Buckingham Palace; officers with assault rifles outside Buckingham as well; and the British Red Coats inside Windsor Castle. It was a little nerve wrecking and awesome at the same time to see the guards with assault rifles, but I can't imagine how the locals felt about seeing them because you can't just get guns in the U.K. like you can at home so it was probably a rare sight for them. Personally I think the worse job of them all would be to have to sit on a horse all day or even be one of the foot guards.  Especially when people come up all the time and try to get you to crack a smile or something. I know they had to be burning up in all that heavy armor though because it got toasty on some of the days when we were just walking. Either way, I would never mess with any of them because they all look like they can put up a tough fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment